Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Real close to the end of the break in period....hopefully close enough!

I was out for what I intended to be a short drive, when a bright red natually aspirated 911 came flying up behind me. He eventually moved over and with much agression cut in front of me. I assumed he wanted to play...I was correct. I was hoping that we would catch one of the few lights that were on this road...no such luck. So, We went from a roll, not fair, he was so far behind. So what was one to do, I decided to wait for him and go again. The section of road that was coming up was full of curves, he didn't seem to mind. All I have to say is this car is amazing....it just sticks to the raod. I slowed down, he caught up, a turned off. Hopefully he went to trade in his $80,000 car for a "z" or at least a turbo 911. z06 = :D
911 = :(

·
Registered
568 Posts
An NA Porsche? What was he thinking?! :lol:

A friend of mine has a 2001 turbo. He pulled some strings with a VP at Porsche and was able to jump to the head of the waiting line and get the car for only $125K. I can't wait..

Sweet car. Overweight and too expensive, but a nice ride..

I have the impression that Z06s are much less common than new Porsches in Seattle.

·
Registered
181 Posts
originally posted by BrianK:
"I have the impression that Z06s are much less common than new Porsches in Seattle."

Would that be called "Z-less in Seattle"??? ;)

Yeah, I know...boo, hiss.

·
Registered
2,187 Posts
02BlueZ06 said:
originally posted by BrianK:
"I have the impression that Z06s are much less common than new Porsches in Seattle."

Would that be called "Z-less in Seattle"??? ;)

Yeah, I know...boo, hiss.
Boy, that is BAAAAAAAD!:puke:
I had the pleasure of running my old '01 Z around the Mid Ohio Road Course with the Mid-West Regional Porsche Club of America at one of thier driver education events. The final session of the last day I pulled on the track right behind a new 911 twin turbo. I chased him around the track for fifteen minutes (the single coolest thing I've ever done :D ) and he could not begin to get away from me. At an event like that, you have to be given a signal by the driver ahead of you to pass, and he wasn't going to let me by! :roll: I think I could have gotten around him coming out of a corner if it was a race! I've got to get the '02 on the track this spring!!!!:z:

·
Registered
568 Posts
I chased him around the track for fifteen minutes (the single coolest thing I've ever done ) and he could not begin to get away from me. At an event like that, you have to be given a signal by the driver ahead of you to pass, and he wasn't going to let me by!
What? No blue flag?! At most of the events I've run, if you get the blue a couple times and don't let someone by, you get to park it for the session and speak with the steward.

Of course they just wanted to be able to say that he "was even faster than the Z06 who did all he could to try and keep up". I've seen write-ups like that in their newsletters :lol:

A friend of mine has a stock '82 928 that he drives Really hard at the track (and it holds up really well). Those are really sweet (and heavy) cars.

But the Porsche club just *hated* it when he would show up at their Porsche only events with his stock '86 automatic 'vette, citing problems with the 928. On a tighter track like Waterford Hills, a well driven '86 can whoop on most Porsches. I would hope the new Porsches are now doing better.

It got to be that they'd ask him which car he was bringing when he would call about events..

·
Registered
3,646 Posts
Sweet... Congrats on the Kill:D :D I have to take my hat off cause some of those german and itallian cars are pretty quick:D :D

·
Registered
2,187 Posts
BrianK said:
What? No blue flag?! At most of the events I've run, if you get the blue a couple times and don't let someone by, you get to park it for the session and speak with the steward.
This event was supposed to be a "Driver Education" deal.:puke: The only way they would blue flag you was if you were going substantialy slower than the other guy. They made it verry clear at the start of the event that you were not allowed to race. ;) I got a kick out of all the 911 guys. The guy I was running with got out of his turbo in his full, matching, racing suit. I crawl out of the Z in my old jeans and Corvette Racing T-shirt. The guy was real cool and finaly admitted he was driving his car for all it was worth, after he saw I wasn't going to rub his nose in it. I kidded him that, "Us poor domestic trash", car put an ass kicking on those Euro's if we choose too! :z: :D

·
Registered
46 Posts
Once again I feel the need to post my license plate on my 02 Z06.... "911EATR" Got to love it Baby!!!!

·
Registered
362 Posts
Yesterday we had a private track day at Willow Springs Raceway in So Cal.This time we ran on the STREETS track-1 1/4 long only one straight about 1/4 mile long.Always a big variety of trick cars.turboo 911 are always fast but watch out for the new Suburu all wheel rally car-IT HANDLES!!!Could never pass him until he ran out of brakes.The Honda S2000 are very quick on tight tracks.On the short straight all i could manage was about 110 mph, but on couple other local tracks there are long sweepers where 110-125 is normal with severe braking at the apex or end of curve and this is where a Z works the best." I LOVE THE AROMA OF MELTING GOODYEAR SC TIRES IN THE NOONDAY SUN"

1 - 10 of 10 Posts