Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Video about 1 month old.

I was leaving the local car show headed home and this cobra kept revving and jumping. So I gave him a run in the old Z. Normally I dont like pushing it on the street but my GF had her little flip camera in her purse so I couldnt refuse.

:eek:wnd:

·
20,625 Posts
Yeah...when the NVa mustang club has their fall outing at Mason-Dixon dragstrip, the cobra's wouldn't line up with me because they were tired of seeing my tailight's disappear. :rofl:

·
9,755 Posts
He disappeared pretty quickly :lol: Will they never learn?

·
Registered
48 Posts
I swear it was as if the po' guy's Ford was hitched to trailer filled with a load of gravel. :lol:

Couldn't help notice he turned in behind you afterwards, ASAP.
He STH didn't appear to want anymore of you, pal. :lol:

·
Registered
83 Posts
That's too funny... Every time I'm on the highway the Stang's of every flavor fly around me like Gnat's. You know what we do.... We SWAT EM'.

·
Premium Member
10,080 Posts
Great kill! They will never learn and keep trying and trying and trying. :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
After seeing his car at the show, he had all the bells and whistles.
305's on the rear, the nice little gauge pod pillar, loud exhaust. I told him I was all stock and he kinda made a sucks to be you face. Oh well, I wasnt intimadated but I was thinking well hes probly fast and ill find out from someone who ends up racing him how fast he is. Hours went by and I hung out with some Army buddies and when I finally left there he was behind me.. revving and revving. So I went towards the house and got on interstate and he followed then I couldnt resist! :eek:wnd:

·
Premium Member
713 Posts
That thing looked like it was tied...LMAO..

I kinda view it like these guys that are always looking to start a fight...sooner or later they'll get EDUCATED! :sneaky:

·
Registered
83 Posts
After seeing his car at the show, he had all the bells and whistles.
305's on the rear, the nice little gauge pod pillar, loud exhaust. I told him I was all stock and he kinda made a sucks to be you face. Oh well, I wasnt intimadated but I was thinking well hes probly fast and ill find out from someone who ends up racing him how fast he is. Hours went by and I hung out with some Army buddies and when I finally left there he was behind me.. revving and revving. So I went towards the house and got on interstate and he followed then I couldnt resist! :eek:wnd:
I'm only speaking for myself however, In most cases I am not the agressor. I love to just cruise,relax and enjoy my toy. THEN.... there is the Shetland Pony in the mirror. If the conditions are right I will let him come along side and make the move on me. Sometimes he beats me to the punch but I always get him in the tall gears..... He's got two tons of no fun.:moon:

·
Registered
62 Posts
Just curoius, was it a 2003-04 supercharged cobra, or one of the 1999-02 models. Even though our cars are superior, you have to admit that they get silly power out of a 281ci.
engine, even with a blower. My friend has an 03' that is completely stock except for a kenne bell suparcharger upgrade & a cat back exhaust. He is putting down 578hp. to the tires on a mustang dyno. Yes, he is running a ton of boost, but it is extremely streetable. Too bad his car weighs almost 4,000lbs. Give our cars that much power & it's like driving tham on ice. All mod's being equal, our cars will always be faster because they are 1,000lbs. lighter. It's pure physics.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Don't know if it was the supercharged one or not. I hope it wasn't because if it was he needs to go back to the drawing board.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I had to watch the video again. Looks like the minute you started to pull on him he bailed on you. It should have been a bit closer than that... Lame.

·
Administrator
21,250 Posts
Don't know if it was the supercharged one or not. I hope it wasn't because if it was he needs to go back to the drawing board.
Not a Mustang expert by any means, but if it is a 'Cobra' it has to be supercharged, doesn't it? I thought the biggest deviation from the Mustang GT model was the Eaton supercharger that came standard on the Cobra.

btw, careful in an oem Z06 when randomly taking on Cobra's. I have seen at least 3 here in KC that had MCRacing convert over to a KB blower and up the boost substantially. Whole different animal when that happens.

Mike

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Last time this happened to me, was with some daft kid in an Acura Integra Type R thing, with a big exhaust. I don't normally race people, but he was such a pain in the arse, I had to school him on real horsepower. He left with his tail seriously between his legs.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I had to watch the video again. Looks like the minute you started to pull on him he bailed on you. It should have been a bit closer than that... Lame.
Only if it was a supercharged 03-04'. The earlier models only make 320hp. & are super heavy. The blown "terminators" run 12.70's stock & a ton of people have gotten them into the mid 11's with simple bolt on's & a 16psi. pulley change. But....... it's still a ford :moon:!

·
Registered
62 Posts
I'd always thought the same thing. :yeadog:
The cobra's did not have the supercharger until 2003. They have made the
SN197 body style cobra's since 1999 if I'm not mistaken. Those cars were "over rated" at 320hp. They actually made less than that. Where as the supercharged 2003-2004 cobra's were "under rated" at 380hp. They actually made close to that number at the tires. The n/a 1999-2002 cobra's also have an aluminun block, & the 2003-2004 models have an iron block so they are heavier (in addition to the extra weight of the supercharger). Too bad the GT500 Shelby cobra weighs 4,000lb. because they have gotten over 800hp. @ the tires with nothing more than a Kenne Bell blower upgrade. That was with the quiet, stock exhaust & an extremely safe, very streetable tune on pump gas. Any more quastions?

1 - 20 of 52 Posts