Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
3,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
did you guys hear about the R&T issue?

They ran the Z06 against the Viper and the best they got was a 0-60 in 4.2 and an ET of [email protected]:lol: and they got a [email protected] and a 4.0 0-60 in the Viper

The C5 Z06 by some mag (I forgot, i think maybe C&D) got a [email protected] also. Wow, good job R&T. You got the same time with 100 more HP and 500 more rpms.. :bang:

Oh, and before any Viper guys (The ones in denial, not you Andy..;))get too excited..here are some times from R&T from the recent issue of the standing mile

Ford GT [email protected]t .8 secs/10 mph off
Viper SRT 10 [email protected]t .8 secs/8 mph off
Murcielago [email protected]t .9 secs/7 mph off
C6 [email protected]t .4 secs/6 mph off

Now, the C6 Z06
[email protected]t .9 secs/9-10 mph off

Man, R&T really have to fire some of their drivers and get some descent ones

·
Registered
220 Posts
With R&T if it isn't European, then it is junk. They are the most biased mag I have ever read. :flaming: Must be owned by the French? :D

·
Registered
3,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
gtx76 said:
With R&T if it isn't European, then it is junk. They are the most biased mag I have ever read. :flaming: Must be owned by the French? :D
Not really. Look at the Murci. That is European, and they got a 12.6 for it and the car has AWD..:lol:

Are those people drunk over there?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Zlicious said:
did you guys hear about the R&T issue?

They ran the Z06 against the Viper and the best they got was a 0-60 in 4.2 and an ET of [email protected]:lol: and they got a [email protected] and a 4.0 0-60 in the Viper

The C5 Z06 by some mag (I forgot, i think maybe C&D) got a [email protected] also. Wow, good job R&T. You got the same time with 100 more HP and 500 more rpms.. :bang:

Oh, and before any Viper guys (The ones in denial, not you Andy..;))get too excited..here are some times from R&T from the recent issue of the standing mile

Ford GT [email protected]t .8 secs/10 mph off
Viper SRT 10 [email protected]t .8 secs/8 mph off
Murcielago [email protected]t .9 secs/7 mph off
C6 [email protected]t .4 secs/6 mph off

Now, the C6 Z06
[email protected]t .9 secs/9-10 mph off

Man, R&T really have to fire some of their drivers and get some descent ones

:eek: Those are bad times. MT and C&D posted times that are a lot less than R&T. Get with the program R&T! Why haven't you sent your people to driver's school? It's easy guys: Cluch, gear, gas, and break. :-?

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
vant said:
Well, it doesn't help that they've been using the same driver for 50 years! :eek2: :lol:
Damn Vant you are killing me. Keep it up. Where do you get this stuff?

D.J.

·
Registered
612 Posts
OutlawDon said:
R&T always posts up the slowest times for car specs compared to other magazines. Their drivers suck!
I don't think they spin the tires on launch. They do a street start. :screwy:

·
Registered
315 Posts
The old style Viper (450hp) ran the 1/4 in 12.20's the new style (505hp) will run high 11's (11.8 11.9) pretty easily.

Obviously the Viper was a target for the Corvette engineers

·
Registered
43 Posts
I raced at road atlanta one year and one of their guys (Patrick Wong) was in the race. He really sucked, that's when I started to disregard anything they had an opinion on driving. I'm not sure they know the difference between oversteer and understeer and truly can't evaluate the full performance of a car.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Playing devil's advocate

Where did Road and Track test the Z06 and obtain the poor acceleration results? Was it at one of their regular testing venues? If they tested the SRT-10 and Z06 at the same time, conditions and location; then apparently the Viper was faster that day.

Also, both C&D and MT obtained their crazy numbers at GM's proving grounds. Is it possible the Z06 that GM supplied them with was at a higher state of tune than stock?

This might partly explain the huge discrepency between RT's test results versus C&D and MT's at Chevrolet's facility.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts