Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,081 Posts
I like the loops of the new Viper coupe a bit better than the Z06, but that is ALL I like about the car better than the Corvette.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
104 Posts
I like the SRT 10 just fine. But the previous generation GTS coupe was by far the best looking Viper made to date. The Z06 is great looking, but not as intimidating looking as the Viper.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
306 Posts
Viper is definitely more of a head turner. I get all giddy still, whenever I see one on the road. I actually get more excited about seeing a Viper on the road than I do a Z06, even though I like the Z06 better heh
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
432 Posts
Lankhoss said:
Viper is definitely more of a head turner. I get all giddy still, whenever I see one on the road. I actually get more excited about seeing a Viper on the road than I do a Z06, even though I like the Z06 better heh
When you start seeing the new Zs on the road you will see how mean looking they are! When are you getting your new Z06? Vipers are cool looking but not meant for long drives!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,014 Posts
curvesman said:
When you start seeing the new Zs on the road you will see how mean looking they are! When are you getting your new Z06? Vipers are cool looking but not meant for long drives!
Agreed. C6 Z's on the road and in person are SICK looking cars.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11 Posts
HOLY CRAP





I think I may need to change my Yellow order to Silver!! then lower it of course.. this car looks AWESOME.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,343 Posts
I don't know if it is cognitive dissonance in operation, but I have come to dislike the looks of the "clownshoe" and I owned one for five years before my Z06.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
581 Posts
The Viper is more extreme...Cobra like. The C6 is a real car in any OEM form, and much more practical. C6s, Z06s included, represent a more conservative Corvette styling. Viewing Porsche, more than Dodge, as a competitor.

Other than the Z06, how may Viper owners really considered a Corvette? Also interesting would be how many Porsche owners considered a C6. My guess is a lot more than would have considered a C5.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
17,744 Posts
Both are Sweet looking rides. :idea:

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,567 Posts
IMHO that blue Viper would be absolutely gorgeous if they just got rid of the racing stripe. Nothing says "tacky" quite like a massive stripe down the middle of your car.

But otherwise, it's lovely.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,957 Posts
Although I prefer the Z06..the viper is awesome as well!


Thanks for the side by side photos

JB
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,273 Posts
DavidNJ said:
The Viper is more extreme...Cobra like. The C6 is a real car in any OEM form, and much more practical. C6s, Z06s included, represent a more conservative Corvette styling. Viewing Porsche, more than Dodge, as a competitor.
So the new Z06 has 505hp to outperform the Porsche not the Viper...hmmm. Now most of the press release's mention the Viper, not the Porsche as the competion. :screwy:

Other than the Z06, how may Viper owners really considered a Corvette? Also interesting would be how many Porsche owners considered a C6. My guess is a lot more than would have considered a C5.
Porsche owners most likley only considered Porsche's, it's vette owners that usually go from Vette to Viper or Porsche.
The Viper has been in the GM's gun sights since day 1 and after 13 long years they have finally at the least equaled the Viper. It remains to be seen if they have surpassed it since they are no head to head comparisons.

Oh yeah, 1 of each please.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
15 Posts
novetteyet said:
IMHO that blue Viper would be absolutely gorgeous if they just got rid of the racing stripe. Nothing says "tacky" quite like a massive stripe down the middle of your car.

But otherwise, it's lovely.
The stripe is optional, so you don't have to get it.

Michael
 
1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Top