Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had my windows tinted twice because after the first time on the rear window up by the top, where the small dots are, the filim just doesn't adhere to it. They re-did it but the same thing happened again. :bmad: Has anyone been able to tint the rear window of a Z without the off color in the dots area?? If so what brand of film was it. Thanks alot....... :usa:

·
Registered
39 Posts
the area with the dots will always look different, some cars worse than others, we just deal with it. I heard that you could sand them down, but I did not try this.

Lusky
04 ZO6 Z16 #609

·
Registered
11,339 Posts
my tint is PERFECT.

first place i went to SWORE they couldn't do anything to cover it, second place the dude said "no problem"!

there is a web site called tintdude.com where people that tint for a living talk about how to do it RIGHT.

·
Premium Member
1,090 Posts
My tint guy put a 6" wide strip of thin black vinyl on the outside of the rear window at the top. Still looks like new after 3 years.

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
My tint is very poor quality....let me know who knows how to do a great quality tint job in the Houston area. I have air bubbles and scratches. :( Definitely needs to be re-tinted.

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
Dots or no dots, if your tint guy is good it will NOT peel away. I've been going to my tint guy for seven years and have never had a problem with any car. He tinted my Camaro SS and my Z and both cars have never had a problem with the dots and/or the tint work.

How well it sticks does not solely depend on the tint. He just doesn't have the exerience with the dots as other tint guys do.

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
ZDOG said:
My tint guy put a 6" wide strip of thin black vinyl on the outside of the rear window at the top. Still looks like new after 3 years.

My tint guy put the black vinyl on the inside....covers the dots alot better then just tinting over it

·
Registered
653 Posts
KillerVette said:
My tint guy put the black vinyl on the inside....covers the dots alot better then just tinting over it

same here, the vinyl gets put from the inside.

·
Registered
71 Posts
ZO6 AL-X said:
Dots or no dots, if your tint guy is good it will NOT peel away. I've been going to my tint guy for seven years and have never had a problem with any car. He tinted my Camaro SS and my Z and both cars have never had a problem with the dots and/or the tint work.

How well it sticks does not solely depend on the tint. He just doesn't have the exerience with the dots as other tint guys do.
What part of SoCal is your tint guy in? I'm looking for someone in the San Diego area.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Is the tint job in the pictures fresh? If so the dot matrix will not look any different. After it drys the tint will look different around the dot matrix. Normal, because the dots raise off the glass causing the tint to stick on less glass.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks for all the feed back...

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
KenI said:
What part of SoCal is your tint guy in? I'm looking for someone in the San Diego area.
Sorry Ken. I'm in Los Angeles.

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
that's what was done to my car but the vinyl was put on the inside. Looks awesome and you can't even tell that there was a vinyl strip put on.

·
Registered
67 Posts
The pics look good. The tint job is great. I was just explaining why it might look more white around the dot matrix. Your installer knows what he is doing. If you dont mind me asking, what brand of film is he using? That is a johnsons T-shirt he is has on.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts