Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
19,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Bloomington Gold Show will have a workshop entitled THE EXTREME CORVETTE-THE Z06-1963 AND 2001. The instructors will be Bill Nichols (Corvette Vehicle Systems Engineer) and Russ Craighead (Corvette Program Manager). The class runs 3 hours and will cost $50.

Their web address is www.bloomingtongold.com. Their phone number is 815-568-8650. The show runs June 21-24th.

I did not plan on attending Bloomington this year, but now I might!

Zippy /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif
Red/Black Z

·
Registered
0 Posts
Thanks, Zippy!! /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_cool.gif Since Bloomington Gold is only about 40 miles from my parents house and my Buddy Russ is going to be there, I think this might be a must attend. Bloomington is only about 180 miles from St, Louis. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

·
Registered
764 Posts
It sounds interesting, I will try to attend also.

·
Registered
19,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
According to the Registration booklet: The class will begin with a look at the history of the 1963 Z06. They will then relate how the heritage of this famous Sting Ray inspired the reincarnation of the Z06 in C5 form for the 2001 model year, the quickest, most agile production Corvette ever. Our instructors, who were there throughout the new car's development, will tell how the latest expression of Corvette performance came to be and about all the punishing drills through which it passed to make it into production ready form! They will then explain in great detail all of the elements that make this new model special and provide a hands on demonstration of the features and controls that are unique to this exciting 2001 Corvette. A question and answer session will conclude this seminar. The Z06 workshop is an excellent opportunity for the person who has recently purchased a new 2001 Z06 Corvette to learn more about their acquisition. For the person who is considering a Z06 purchase or for the person who is still "just dreaming" of having a new Z06 in their garage, it's a chance to get all the details about the hotest new version of "AMERICA'S SPORTS CAR."

Hope this helps!

Zippy /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif
Red/Black Z

J

·
0 Posts
I went to a similar but probably not as involved session at the Mid America Funfest last fall...a group of Corvette engineers was there and explained the car in detail and answered questions...Bloomington is always a great time...if you are there, stop by the Signature Inn in Normal for a complementary cold one /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

1 - 9 of 9 Posts