Corvette Z06 Forum banner

Z06's are hot in Houston

1K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  GOLD72 
#1 ·
I went to the New Car Auto Show last night at the Astro Arena here in Houston. This is the show that travels from city to city displaying the new cars from all the popular manufacturers. Of course Chevrolet was there with a vert and a Z06. The vert wasn't getting much attention, but the Z06 was swamped. I just stayed in the backgroound listening to the comments and noticed that people absoltely loved it. Many commented that they had tried to buy one but couldn't find any. Some even said that they would be willing to pay over MSRP for one. Others were joking about what ZR-1 owners paid brand new and how this car would blow it away and it still cost $20,000 less. This car is gaining a reputation rapidly and is definately going to make Corvette history.

------------------
SSPORT IT UP!!!

E-Mail: vette92@texas.net
National Corvette Museum Member #4641
2001 Speeday White Z06 Corvette SS
2001 Navy Blue Metallic Coupe

See less See more
#6 ·
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by GOLD72:
[BPerhaps we will meet someday in person.

GOLD72

[/B]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Looking forward to it. You'll have to come to one of my mod days.

#7 ·
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by GOLD72:
I just discovered today that a new Z06 may have moved into my neighborhood. I noticed that BurkeSS is from Missouri City and has a QS with black interior like mine. I am no longer alone in Mo City. My friend, Z.06, should be getting his Torch red Z next week. CorvetteSS, I am fairly certain you have met him several months ago. He sold a 944 Turbo to make way for the new Z.

GOLD72

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, I know Z.06. In fact I set him up with the dealer that he bought from after hearing all the BS one of the local dealers was giving him. Glad to hear that his car is finally coming in.

#8 ·
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by CorvetteSS:
Yes, I know Z.06. In fact I set him up with the dealer that he bought from after hearing all the BS one of the local dealers was giving him. Glad to hear that his car is finally coming in.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have known and worked with Steve well over 25 years now. He had to give up on my dealer. Fortunately everything worked out well for me. After a 5 week delay due to wheel shortages, I got mine on 10-25. However, if I had been more Internet savy and started following the Forum a month earlier, I may have very well followed the route he and so many others have followed by buying from supporting dealers. Perhaps we will meet someday in person.

GOLD72

------------------

#9 ·
I just discovered today that a new Z06 may have moved into my neighborhood. I noticed that BurkeSS is from Missouri City and has a QS with black interior like mine. I am no longer alone in Mo City. My friend, Z.06, should be getting his Torch red Z next week. CorvetteSS, I am fairly certain you have met him several months ago. He sold a 944 Turbo to make way for the new Z.

GOLD72

------------------

[This message has been edited by GOLD72 (edited 02-04-2001).]

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.