Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just returned from Viper Days at VIR. I met Joel Smith, Retail Operations Manager for Hendrick/Cary Auto Mall (Hendrick Motorsports). It seems Hendrick Autogroup has come on board as a ViperDays sponsor and Joel stated they have 6 Z06's allocated per month. Joel stated Hendrick Auto Mall will not place a surcharge on these cars. If anyone here has had trouble with their dealer gouging them call Joel. Tell him ViperDays referred you so Skip gets the credit for his sponsorship.

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
that's great news......a few months ago, their salesmen were saying $25K mark-up :roll:

·
Registered
432 Posts
Sounds fishy to me! Hope its true,must be a pretty big dealer to be getting 6 a month times 6 months = 36 Z06s Best of luck to who ever makes these deals! :)

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hendricks has 49 dealerships, not all Chevy of course, but I would assume that gives them some reach.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I am seeing responses that individuals calling Hendricks are getting quoted mark ups. I called the ViperDays organizers and asked them to check into this since the Rep at VIR stated clearly no markups.

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
That's a pretty ambitious sales manager and a gamble too IMHO. That's going to turn a lot of potential buys off. I don't know about you but I would fly to Cali before I'd pay someone on my side of the country 35K over sticker or really anything over sticker. I could take a week off, spend some FF miles, free hotel stays and tell the local dealer to kiss my urs.

D.J. :zboobie:

·
Registered
971 Posts
A lot of Ferrari/Porsche guys wiil pay the ticket

Good for me and my C5 Z06. Looking better day by day.

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
TacDoc said:
I am seeing responses that individuals calling Hendricks are getting quoted mark ups. I called the ViperDays organizers and asked them to check into this since the Rep at VIR stated clearly no markups.
any feedback?

·
Registered
9 Posts
TacDoc said:
I've called and was quoted $20K over MSRP.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
This is stating the obvious, but that is directly contrary to their statement as sponsor.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Very interesting considering they told me to my face "We are going to ask 100K for our first batch". And I'm not the only one that one of their sales staff has made that comment to either. I bought both of my Z06s there, but I certainly will not buy the next there if there's a markup involved.

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
snakecharmer said:
Very interesting considering they told me to my face "We are going to ask 100K for our first batch". And I'm not the only one that one of their sales staff has made that comment to either. I bought both of my Z06s there, but I certainly will not buy the next there if there's a markup involved.
amen to that!.....they lost me as a repeat customer with that kind of attitude

·
Registered
449 Posts
There are plenty of dealers selling at MSRP. The only problem is finding one that has an allocation availability where you might actually receive one in 2006.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Price over MSRP??? What's up, they're not gonna make ZO6's next year?

Seriously, any dealer who plays this game can't be one that is looking for repeat business. If you trade with him next year, where's the extra $$$ come from? No my pocket, for sure.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Paying over MSRP

Hendrick & Heard = :bs:

There are Plenty of LEGIT Dealerships out there. :thumb:

Even the F & P Buyers aren't that Gullible :yeadog:

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Loving my C5 Z06 more and more every day.

Tough enough swallowing $65k plus for a corvette (sorry but a viper is not that far away then) and adding more on to that as mark up starts getting you in a price range where alot of other options start looking very appealing.

Mostly modifying my current car with a H/C package and big brake kit for $9k and being faster and flogging a car on the track that I would have $30-$40k less in is very appealing.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts