Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Z06 Master
2,627 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Co-drove with my buddy Eric yesterday at the Delta Region's first event of the year and he got FTD, I was .15 sec behind for 2nd and a SS C6 Z06 was .21 behind me for 3rd out of 82.
It was a good day :)

·
Premium Member
10,080 Posts
Congrats are in order Dan. 2nd out of 82... great job! :gjob: .15 seconds behind the winner (you should have had first)!

·
9,755 Posts
Congrats Dan, way to represent!

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
Co-drove with my buddy Eric yesterday at the Delta Region's first event of the year and he got FTD, I was .15 sec behind for 2nd and a SS C6 Z06 was .21 behind me for 3rd out of 82.
It was a good day :)
Nice driving Dan. Next time run the vette instead of the Yukon :lol:

·
Premium Member
5,475 Posts
Congrats Dan! :gjob: All of us here have come to expect nothing less! :yeadog:

Jimbo

·
Z06 Master
2,627 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks guys! I still have much to learn. I'm proud that my codriver only beat me by a slim margin even though that's only his 2nd time driving my car. He's one of those drivers that can jump in any car and go fast. Coming from a CSP Miata, it took him a few runs to get used to the TQ.

·
Premium Member
10,080 Posts
Great videos Dan. "Scary Corvette" :lol::lol::lol:

I was wondering where you had the camera mounted in the rear. Have not seen your car with the wing on. Do you really notice the downforce doing autocross? Moved you into a different class then?

Great driving. :thumb:

·
Z06 Master
2,627 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Great videos Dan. "Scary Corvette" :lol::lol::lol:

I was wondering where you had the camera mounted in the rear. Have not seen your car with the wing on. Do you really notice the downforce doing autocross? Moved you into a different class then?

Great driving. :thumb:
I would've edited that, but it was too good cut :lol: She was running a C6 on Hoosiers that day.
The 383 puts me in SSM. Now that I only have one play car, I've been focusing on just it. The wing is allowed in that class, so I went ahead and put one a spare trunk lid as part of the traction and rear grip tuning I've been doing. It's an easy 4 bolt swap. They do help on big courses like I plan on running on this year. Not very much on a tight course like the one we were on. It was noticeable at TGPR coming out of T3 and T4 (45-70 MPH) which is national tour course speeds, I was able to go WOT sooner and shaved a second on the last session with no other changes. That was with the top element laid back as far as it would go (23 deg). I had it maxed for this low speed event. There's more to be done as time and $$$ permits. I want Pfadt's new DA coilovers, a splitter, vented hood, etc... The car is about 140lbs overweight too.

·
9,755 Posts
Nice driving Dan!
That is a very cool camera angle.

·
10,998 Posts
Great driving and I was gooving on the exhaust sounds . MMMM Goooood

·
Registered
215 Posts
Excellent job, Dan!! After seeing your skills behind the wheel at last years Fest I'm not surprised.:gjob::yeadog:

·
Premium Member
6,847 Posts
Do you do some ironing in between runs ? LoL. Car is wicked !! I can't wait for fest !!

·
Registered
215 Posts
wvphoto you're no slouch on the autoX coarse either! You did a great job at the Fest too! Too bad you tied with Dan's wife...lol! Just kidding. This group has a ton of talent!:gjob:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts