Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just talked to Aaron at www.speedventures.net. He said they have a few spots left for the track days at California Speedway this weekend June 18-19. Three are left on Saturday and eight left on Sunday.

I am registered both days along with several other forum members I spotted on the roster: Z06Machine, FatBillyBob, Carney, AmericanMusl, Kraff and myself. Let's have a good showing from Z06Vette.com and show the exotic makes what fast really is.

This upcoming Speedventures event will be fun because they are having several car specific groups. Speed Ventures will host Symbolic Motors and its Lotus Elise and Lamborghini customers on Saturday. Symbolic will bring some exciting cars to showcase (and possibly drive?!?) at the track.

Also attending on Sunday will be the Ferrari Driving Club. Ferrari Driving Club members will run their beautiful and exotic machinery as they were meant to be run. Cars expected to be on hand for this event include the Enzo, as well as an assortment of Lamborghini and other exotic cars including the Ford GT.

If you don't want to drive, but you want to visit for awhile, watch and network, you are welcome to do that, too.

Our group should have our own parking area in the pits. Look for a couple of Z16s and several Z06's parked closely together.

:z: :z: :z:

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Z06Vette.com Drivers to kick some Italian, German and Japanese Makes June 18-19

Z06Machine just told me another forum member is sending us a Z06Vette.com banner to put up. Look for that and the Z06's and come join us.

:z: :z: :z:

·
Premium Member
4,018 Posts
Wow,
Sounds like an awesome event, sure wish I lived on that coast!!
Have a good time!!
:z: :thumb:

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
Olitho,

I will try to make it. I don't have tires so I can't race. But, maybe I can hang out a little. I'm ordering a set of 555 RIIs and I'll be ready for next time!

Alex

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Alex:

It will be great to see you out there.

Have you driven your car on a track before?

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
Olitho said:
Alex:

It will be great to see you out there.

Have you driven your car on a track before?
Well, kinda. :sneaky: I have some experience - but not on a professional track.

Alex

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
Damn! I'll be in Cal the following week.I almost want to drive down for the weekend for this.I'd like to take video on the track and show the :bs: ers proof of how the Z06 compares to some of the exotics.I hope someone takes pics at least.Where the :cen: is California Speedway anyway?

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hey Alex, you don't have to have any real track experience for Speedventures. That is the best part. They have a YELLOW group for people new to the track. The pace is slower and they provide an instructor for the Newbies.

Plus, with all the experienced Z06 drivers out there, you will get plenty of pointers. In fact, you should request forum member KRaff as your instructor. He is a great teacher.

If you want KRaff to be your instructor, I can drop a line to him and Aaron. I have learned a lot from KRaff. You could say most of everything I know track wise I learned from KRaff.

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
We have 9 Corvettes signed-up so far out of 60 cars total allowed. Aaron says the Red group the fastest has 4 more slots left. The Blue Advanced group has 3 slots open and the White Intermediate has 3 as well. For those of you who have never "tracked" your car before, the good news is that there are 10 slots open in the Yellow Beginner group. Aaron has instructors available still for the first time beginners.

Aaron has put our group at the West End of Garage #3 across from the Symbolic Motors Lamborghini and Lotus drivers. We are the only two groups getting our own garage.

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
Olitho,

Thanks for the info. I definitely want to get in next time - once I get some tires.

Alex :D

·
Registered
129 Posts
Oli, :thumb: I'll be there on Saturday only with some friends who have an NSX. I understand a guy they know will be bringing his supercharged NSX. Never met him but I know he is fast.

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Bimota Guy said:
Oli, :thumb: I'll be there on Saturday only with some friends who have an NSX. I understand a guy they know will be bringing his supercharged NSX. Never met him but I know he is fast.
I am glad to finally meet you. You know we are parking in Garage #3 West End, right. We are a Tech centric group. I hear you are a SAIC guy.

I have run against a guy in a blown NSX at Buttonwillow, a red one, and he is fast on slicks!

Oli

·
Registered
129 Posts
Olitho said:
I am glad to finally meet you. You know we are parking in Garage #3 West End, right. We are a Tech centric group. I hear you are a SAIC guy.

I have run against a guy in a blown NSX at Buttonwillow, a red one, and he is fast on slicks!

Oli
Probably the same guy. Has a big wing and lots of stickers.

I will probably pit with the couple with the NSX (all 3 of us work at SAIC.) They are hauling my tires since they trailer their car. I am just meeting them at the track since we don't live close to each other. But they may pit with their NSX pal. So we'll see.

Is John (Aaron's partner) bringing his Z06 or the Ultima?

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Bring your NSX friends over with you to park by garage 3, especially if they are SAIC guys.

I know who you are talking about in the NSX. He used to be at Microsoft. Yes, he is fast. I was thinking of another guy in an NSX without a wing. They are to be reconned with for sure. But I am looking forward to doing battle!

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Oh yeah, and Aaron tells me John is 90% sure he is bringing his T1 Z06.

We are going to have a great time dicing it up with the great turn-out on Vettes, NSX's, Lotus', Porsches, Lambos, etc.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts