Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 98 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Corvettes at Carlisle August 25-27, 2006

Here are a couple of links that might help you if you are considering going to this years Corvettes at Carlisle event:

1. Corvettes at Carlisle Website

2. Registering your Corvette for the Fun Field

>>> Z06's Unite - Click to register your Z06.

>>> Grand Sport Reunion - Click here to register your Grand Sport (We're aiming for 96 cars!!)

>>> 1956 Corvette Reunion - It's the 50th year celebration, click here to join us!

3. Directions to Carlisle, PA

4. Schedule of Activities for the weekend

5. Hotel Information & Contact List

6. Weather in Carlisle, PA

7. Saturday @ NOON - August 26, 2006 - REV YOUR ENGINES for 15 Seconds & follow with a moment of silence. A tribute for my father, Chip Miller.

If you have any questions, please feel free posting them here & I'll be happy to "try" and answer them for you. This year should be a blast as always!

If anyone has anything else that would be helpful to add - please feel free posting it here.

Again, I'm looking forward to another wonderful year!

Sincerely,

Lance Miller :cheers:

·
Premium Member
4,289 Posts
Great Event Lance. I have enjoyed it 04,05. However I have registered this site as my club choice and the fact that we have Z06's before and this did not guaranty us a parking space with other Z06's. There was no monitoring of the sections. For instance our section had a mix of everything. I think this really needs to be looked at. Especially from a pre-registration standpoint. If not why not just pay at the gate and park where you want? Thanks, Don

·
Z06 Master
6,137 Posts
I have enjoyed your event on numerous occasions.

The last couple of times were 03 and 04. I missed 05 because I moved to Florida.

I am planning to make it to the 06 event.

QUESTION: Since the Z06 is showcased this year are we going to be parked on the bottom instead of on the hill.

I have heard many stories on how the Z06 section was almost non existant in 05.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
IVOZ06 said:
I have enjoyed your event on numerous occasions.

The last couple of times were 03 and 04. I missed 05 because I moved to Florida.

I am planning to make it to the 06 event.

QUESTION: Since the Z06 is showcased this year are we going to be parked on the bottom instead of on the hill.

I have heard many stories on how the Z06 section was almost non existant in 05.
I've yet to figure out the exact details on the layout - but it will indeed be a larger area for you guys! :eek::

I'll be sure to keep you posted!

Sincerely,

Lance

PS Thanks for the kind remarks!

·
Premium Member
2,314 Posts
I have never been to this event but want to go this year with my son. I would like to join up with any other Z's on the hill, in the valley, hell - any where.

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
Went to Carlisle for the first time in 05 as a spectator. If I register my Z, what am I registering for? Is it for one day? Do you take your car off the fairgrounds at night? It sounds like fun, but some of us need info. Thanks. :cheers:

·
Registered
19,096 Posts
Lance: I have such fond memories of Carlisle. Remember when the ZR1 Registry parked thier red, white and blue cars to form a big ZR1, and they took a pic form an airplane? Yes, I was there, and enjoyed many other special moments.
First time I met JC was "on the hill" with the C5 registry.
Anyways, I was unable to attend C at C last year, and have lost my place for a hotel room in '06...any suggestions or tips on finding an available room within 10 miles of the fairgrounds?

Zippy :usa: :usa:

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
JtownZ06 said:
Went to Carlisle for the first time in 05 as a spectator. If I register my Z, what am I registering for? Is it for one day? Do you take your car off the fairgrounds at night? It sounds like fun, but some of us need info. Thanks. :cheers:
Jtown-

If you pre-register your Z for the Z06 Fun Field you will park in a designated area for Z06's. At this point in time I don't have an exact location because I need to see how many pre-registrants we receive at a later date (closer to the event). We ask the team leader/president of the club/registry to make sure no other Corvettes park in their designated areas - this lasts until 10am each day. Once 10am hits our staff is instructed to start parking other Corvettes within your designated area to fill the gaps (we have a lot of cars registered for this event & need the space). Nevertheless I always suggest getting there early!

Enough rambling and onto the real answers:

- You will get a sticker for your windshield that will allow you to drive onto the fairgounds and will provide a space for your Z to park for all 3 days of the event. This allows for you & a passenger to enter at will all weekend (you take your car home at night if you'd like - most do)

- You will get a goody bag full of Corvette goodies (ask around & people will be happy to tell you about what they've gotten in the past) - I can tell you that the goodies equate to a sizable chunk of the pre-reg $$

- If you sign up for the Z06's Unite area, you will receive a special gift as well - yet to be decided :cool:.

- You will have the opportunity to have your car selected by one of our Celebrity Judges - basically they chose the car they'd most like to have in their garage on Saturday from 12-4pm. If your car is chosen you will have the opportuntiy to go drive in winner’s parade on Sunday and receive your award in front of the stage packed with Corvette fans.

- Best of all you will be parking with a great crew that has a lot in common with you :)

- I feel like I'm forgetting something(s) but for the most part that's what you'll get - one heck of a good time! :)

If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate asking 'em!

Sincerely,

Lance

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
Zippy said:
Lance: I have such fond memories of Carlisle. Remember when the ZR1 Registry parked thier red, white and blue cars to form a big ZR1, and they took a pic form an airplane? Yes, I was there, and enjoyed many other special moments.
First time I met JC was "on the hill" with the C5 registry.
Anyways, I was unable to attend C at C last year, and have lost my place for a hotel room in '06...any suggestions or tips on finding an available room within 10 miles of the fairgrounds?

Zippy :usa: :usa:
Zippy-

I remember the ZR1 red, white & blue picture well - heck, I was the one that organized the cars :yeadog: That was a fun chore!

As for the hotel room, as you know it's tough to get 'em. I'd suggest calling and telling the hotel you usually go to that you would like to be placed on a list if people cancel out. If this doesn't happen, I'd suggest simply calling various hotels in the area.

Here's a couple sites that might help you:

This is one area I really wish I could help you with better, it drives my crazy each year! Nevertheless it all works out in the long run.

Hope this helps!

Lance

PS I did the same thing last year at Bloomington Gold - I forgot to reserve my room a year in advance so I lost it. Fortunately one of my friends provided me with a room - lesson learned (the hard way!).

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
I tried the "register your car for Z06 unite" link, but it takes me to the "register your grand sport" link. :-?
So I went through the Carlisle website and registered. Thanks for the info Lance, I'm looking forward to it.

1 - 20 of 98 Posts