Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I communicated with Stephanie Farrell today and she told me the remaining balance on our brick was $215. I pledged that amount today to put us over the top!

This is my way of saying thanks to everybody here for all the help I've received here and for the camaraderie and information.

There is one small point. Since $5 donations to the brick fund were needed for a sig from Jason, I'll assume that I can get one very, very special sig for this contribution. :yeadog:

Z06Y Lady :) :)

·
Registered
3,834 Posts
Z06Lady,

Without a doubt, that's a class act ... Thank you from all of us, even those of us, who haven't gotten our sigs yet.

Uh... Now, how do we get our sigs done?:eek:

·
Registered
0 Posts
Janet,

That contribution was most gratious of you. I and the staff of www.z06vette.com thank you very much!! Hopefully you can make it to the Z06 Fest for the laying of the brick!! :cool:

I personally want to thank all the members for contributing and thanks for making this site so great!! Gang, this is your site....not mine or JC's, it yours!! :)

Jason, put Janet at the top of the list...make it special!! :)

·
Registered
9,411 Posts
Janet, very kind of you indeed, thanks for all of your contributions to this community, its apparent why this site is #1......caring and generous enthusiasts.

:cheers: We have a brick folks!! :cheers:

Thanks to everyone who made this possible, now be sure and show up for the brick laying at the Z06Fest!

I'm gonna stick this post for a few days so everyone sees it.....

JC

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Janet,

Thanks alot from the Forum!

·
Registered
3,834 Posts
mrdatalife said:
that's cool. janet, let me know what you'd like in your banner.

now what are we supposed to do for banners??? :D

-jason
Could MrDatalife use a software upgrade? Could the money go to some day-to-day overhead for MrDatalife or inlieu of that, toward something small for the forum? How about toward a new banner fund?

I'm really embarrassed that I haven't gotten my sig done yet. No excuse, Sir! Just kept not making it a priority.:(

·
Registered
19,096 Posts
Janet: Thank you so much!!! You don't know how excited I am! :cheers: :D :cheers: :) :cheers:

What a coincidence....about 10-15 minutes ago I called Stephanie to see where we are, and the first thing she said is "I have good news for you!" She then informed me that our brick is paid for thanks to your generous donation!!!! I am so thrilled about this, and as your NCM Ambassador, want to thank you, and everyone else, for their donation! :) :cheers: :) :cheers:

WHIPEE! :lol: :lol:

Zippy :z: :z:

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
sigung86 said:

Could MrDatalife use a software upgrade? Could the money go to some day-to-day overhead for MrDatalife or inlieu of that, toward something small for the forum? How about toward a new banner fund?

I'm really embarrassed that I haven't gotten my sig done yet. No excuse, Sir! Just kept not making it a priority.:(
hey dan...

i'm good on my end, i just wanted to help the site out. i'd like to continue donating my time to do sig banners for the site...i think it looks cool. :D i'm sure we can come up with something???

-jason

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
sig? sig? What to do?

mrdatalife said:
that's cool. janet, let me know what you'd like in your banner.

now what are we supposed to do for banners??? :D

-jason
jason, I need to think for a while as to what I want on my sig. I'll try to communicate with you off line on this.

Frank, JC and moderators. Can we think of another good cause to be funded with donations for sig banners? One possibility is some sort of spirit awards to be presented to Team Z06 members at the annual Z06fest, or we could collect the funds for vendor awards. Maybe the money could fund future tee shirts for awards. I'm not sure it is fair that jason has to do all the work though. We could also adopt some charity or another and make an annual presentation to them. How about other ideas? Z06Y Lady :)

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
Thank You!!!

Janet,

Thank you! That was very very :cool: indeed

·
Registered
3,834 Posts
Re: sig? sig? What to do?

Z06Y Lady said:

jason, I need to think for a while as to what I want on my sig. I'll try to communicate with you off line on this.

Frank, JC and moderators. Can we think of another good cause to be funded with donations for sig banners? One possibility is some sort of spirit awards to be presented to Team Z06 members at the annual Z06fest, or we could collect the funds for vendor awards. Maybe the money could fund future tee shirts for awards. I'm not sure it is fair that jason has to do all the work though. We could also adopt some charity or another and make an annual presentation to them. How about other ideas? Z06Y Lady :)
Z06Y Lady! You are surely a class act, like I said before. I'm glad to know you, even only on the internet. Folks like you do the rest of us proud. Makes me awfully happy to be on this forum with this great bunch. I suspect that if we can't use the money to fix up MrDatalife that it would be great to do the spirit awards or go for the t-shirt fund as a seed.

But having said that much, I stand in deference to you and the folks like you who are contributing so much to this forum. May we never lose the spirit of fellowship that seems to abound here.

Sincerely,

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Zippy said:
Janet: Thank you so much!!! You don't know how excited I am! :cheers: :D :cheers: :) :cheers:

What a coincidence....about 10-15 minutes ago I called Stephanie to see where we are, and the first thing she said is "I have good news for you!" She then informed me that our brick is paid for thanks to your generous donation!!!! I am so thrilled about this, and as your NCM Ambassador, want to thank you, and everyone else, for their donation! :) :cheers: :) :cheers:

WHIPEE! :lol: :lol:

Zippy :z: :z:
Hey Zipster, you gotta know I was thinking of you when I contacted Stephanie. I know my NCM Ambassador! :yeadog:

I've watched the progress on the Brick looking for the right time to step in. Besides, the stock market was up today. :)

Now I'm thinking I might have to be there in BG in September just to see it planted. Can someone remind me of the final design?
Z06Y Lady, follow, follow, following the orange Z06Vette.com brick road! I don't think we are in Kansas anymore! :D :D :D

·
Registered
4,024 Posts
Janet,

This does not surprise me at all. I have known you to be, as your name implies a "Z06 Lady" all along.:) A very generous gift in deed.:cheers: to our Lady.

·
Registered
9,411 Posts
The proceeds from the Sig Fund will now go to buy a small brick for our brother lost in the WTC bombing, Elvin Romero, so he may take his place with us next to the big brick.......

JC

·
Registered
3,972 Posts
Janet; THANKS for pushing us over the top. A very generous donation! :cheers:

And a big THANK YOU to everyone else that helped make our brick fund a reality. :cheers:

Pat :z: :z: :z:

·
Registered
3,834 Posts
N4C5S said:
The proceeds from the Sig Fund will now go to buy a small brick for our brother lost in the WTC bombing, Elvin Romero, so he may take his place with us next to the big brick.......

JC
Post the number again for me, if you would... This is indeed a worthy cause. And I need at least one signature.

Thanks,

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
N4C5S said:

JC
What a great gesture! Let's try to get some momentum going internally on this site to have a number of personal bricks installed at the same time as our site brick. This is a usual practice at the museum. I think an individual brick costs $100. Not much for a permanent marker on hallowed ground. Who is willing to step up to get their own personal or family brick in the Z06Vette.com cluster? Z06Y Lady

1 - 20 of 25 Posts