Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
9,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As you all know, we've been talking about regional reps for some time now and some of the activities we are thinking about.

Well, we were holding off on announcing this but it appears as though an email sent to our vendors a few days ago was copied to the Corvette Forum, or parts thereof anyway.

For a long time now, we have tried to cooperate with the CF and be on our best behaviour, constantly sending people over there where appropriate, but lately it seems as if the only thing they want from us are our ideas.

In fact, if you look at the CF homepage, its somewhat of a delayed chronicle of Z06Vette.com additions. But while duplication may be the sincerest form of flattery, no credit is ever given, nor even a mention of us. Such is life on the internet, keep an eye open for the CF Member Locator if history repeats itself :) .
And that brings me to this annoucement.

One of our ideas is to have regional reps organize drags for their regions. The results of the regional drags will be averaged and the top 2-6 regions will square off at our Z06Fest in September for the National title of the baddest ass Z06's in the country.

We think it is a positive first step in taking Z06Vette.com into the real world and getting you guys out there and meeting everyone. Plus, which region will have national bragging rights? Personally, the Mid-Atlantic boys are gonna clean house but that's my "unbiased" opinion :p

More details soon, you have 9 months to gather yourselves and plan your strategies to claim the National title to be bestowed at the awards ceremony at the Z06 Fest.......

JC

·
Registered
4,332 Posts
JC,

Great idea, but gotta tell ya Upper East Coast cars run colder fatter air, You guy's got no chance..................

:cheers: :cool: :cheers:

·
Registered
568 Posts
I've never been much for drag racing.. Fun, but not a focus.

How about Autocrossing?

Running your own autocross events is a bit of a bear (sites, insurance, etc). But we could piggy-back on other club events.

·
Registered
173 Posts
N4C5S said:
Personally, the Mid-Atlantic boys are gonna clean house but that's my "unbiased" opinion :p

JC
I got some CA$H in my pocket that says otherwise, I will certainly have a stoker motor/built bottom-end by then.

It sounds like a great idea.

·
Registered
3,834 Posts
IMA Z06 said:
JC,

Great idea, but gotta tell ya Upper East Coast cars run colder fatter air, You guy's got no chance..................

:cheers: :cool: :cheers:
Won't you guys in the Great Upper North East have to get your Zs out of cold storage, first?:lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
680 Posts
DARTH VETTER said:

I got some CA$H in my pocket that says otherwise, I will certainly have a stoker motor/built bottom-end by then.

It sounds like a great idea.

Hey Darth.....Why don't you move up north, I can make us a whole lotta cash:D

·
Registered
173 Posts
I appreciate the invite. But with the weather, I could only make $$ 3 or 4 months out of the year up there. Down here, it's a year round deal. :D

·
Registered
510 Posts
Sounds Great!

Sounds like a great Idea! I'd be up for some autoX too, gotta love dodging those cones!

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
I think he has it right. Us Mid-Atlantic boys will kick everyones butt. Especially if there is any autocross or high speed time trial involved!!
:D :D :D :D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts