Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
"Z06vette.com: probably spammers trolling for email addresses of Z06 owners"

I was searching for some info on the Z06 spring rates to respond to an unanswered question, and I ran across some disturbing comments.. Apparently some guy assumes we are probably some kind of Spam factory posing as a Z06 registry.

Here's a link to the other thread where I included the details. I'm sure we'll get this straightened out:

http://z06vette.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=5471

The things you find on the internet! :eek:

·
Registered
9,411 Posts
Here is our response sent via email:

Mr. Smith,

I am the owner of Z06Vette.com.

I resent the remarks made on your homepage naming us a "pseudo" registry. Just because we do not rip members off
or ask for personal information such as a VIN (which most people do not want published) does not mean that we are
illigitamate. I'll have you know that we have over 660 registered cars which I normally verify by email (hence the email)
and over 75,000 page views per day. We have never, and I repeat NEVER used our members email in any other way.

Posting on the forum to our 1100 members and asking if this is true will yield the true answer.

I'm am saddened that you choose to belittle our thriving community instead of getting the facts first or contacting us for
the straight truth. I hope that this email will put your mind at ease and maybe you can come visit and find out what makes
our group so special. I am constantly travelling to shows across the country meeting our brothers and am available
if you are ever at the national events.

Also, FYI, PHP is actually faster than ASP given the same CPU......If the registry page is slow, it's because it's sorting
~700 records on the fly.......

JC
Z06Vette.com

·
Registered
9,411 Posts
Hehe, you guys didn't know? This is how me and Frank make the millions by selling all of your email addresses! :lol: :lol:

Seriously, I think the guy made a hasty judgement and maybe he'll see the light........

JC

·
Registered
298 Posts
Obviously this guy has checked out the site for all of about 10 seconds...wonder what this guy is thinking. Maybe it was a hasty comment on his part; I'm curious as to his response.

Let us know what his response is. (If you get one that is)

His loss...

Paul

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Cool.. Nice reply. Hopefully Mr. Smith will join us.

Who knows.. Maybe this site was still small when he last checked it out. And maybe he had received a particularly large batch of SPAM on what was otherwise a really bad day..

That aside, perhaps there are folks who won't be satisfied with a Registry unless they can pay some money to get a certificate that says they own a genuine Z06 with a particular VIN?? There are still folks who refuse to get on the Internet, and I suppose some of them drive Corvettes..

·
Registered
61 Posts
Gee Frank, thats how you have two Z's. Selling our Email adresses to spam factories. Seriously though, don't let these people with nothing better to do than to make ignorant comments get to you. I would take it as a compliment, he is obviously jealous of the most impressive community on the web that you helped create. Keep up the good work. You have my full support. :cheers:

Eric

·
Premium Member
652 Posts
The clown at least has a link to our site.
I wonder if Smith is his real name.:lol:

·
Registered
340 Posts
Damn it Frank and JC, your selling my e-mail address....atleast let me in on some of that dough, I could put it in my corvette fund raiser...And by the looks of Franks and JC's driveways they are obviously making a lot.....LOL this thread should be closed...I don't care sell my e-mail address for all I care whats it gonna do add 2 more junk mails to my trash.....OK I am starting to ramble on.....

·
Registered
295 Posts
Now I know where all this @%#*! spam is coming from!:lol:
Come on now, "Smith" -- sounds kinda generic to me. Keep up the good work guys.

·
Registered
9,411 Posts
Guys, as I said earlier, we all know the above 2 topics are crap, and on the internet, it's all about perception.

So, please, do me and the site a favor........Let this topic die......

JC

1 - 18 of 18 Posts