Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
19,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have belonged to the ZR1 Registry, C5 Registry, and of course, this Z06 Forum.
Mrs Zippy & I have always enjoyed the special events that the NCM supported for these enthusiasts at the museum.

What do you think about a special Z06 owners weekend at the NCM? Kewl or no? How/where do we get started with sommething like this?

Zippy /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif thinks it would be really neat! /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

·
Registered
19,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It would be nice if something like this could be arranged for this summer or fall.
It doesn't have to be a full scale, all events big event, but mainly a chance for all of us to get together and put a name with a face, have a few cold ones, and maybe even secure the dragstrip for a few hours.
Any other ideas, suggestions, comments, input?

Zippy /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

·
Registered
19,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Where is everybody? Looks as if Frank is the only one interested.... /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_confused.gif

·
Banned
7,033 Posts
The fall would be great for us Florida guys. Very scenic with the change of seasons. It will also give this forum more time to grow as well. Regards, FUBU/69LES

·
Registered
19,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Anyone else interested in this informal get-together at the Museum/Plant? If, we have enough interest I will continue with this topic, otherwise, just let if fade for now.

BTW, I have been thinking of possibly taking a trip to BG after July 15th since the 2002 car will be in full production then!

·
Registered
19,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
JC:

I know the feeling all too well!

·
Registered
764 Posts
Zip,

I think it's a great idea to get us all together. What if talk this over at the Cruise In over a couple of beers??

·
Registered
3,108 Posts
I think it would be cool to put some faces with names, too. I just hope I have my Z when and if this comes together /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

·
Registered
572 Posts
I would love to go to the NCM with a ZO6 group. Unfortunately, I couldn't make the cruise-in, but I would be interested in the future if enough people want to. I will keep an eye on this thread to see what happens.

Mike

·
Registered
19,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Still looking into it, one of the problems is that our membership is distributed throughout the US, and it would be difficult for the majority of them to attend the Bowling Green location. What do the rest of you think?

·
Registered
19,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Fanatical1:

I will not be at the cruise in...Larry Hayes is the NCM Special Events coordinator. Perhaps someone could talk to him for input regarding this. I will be glad to call him also.

·
Registered
764 Posts
Zipper,

I am disapointed that I won't meet you at the Cruise In! If you want me to I will be happy to talk to Larry at the NCM to find out a little more info. I still think it's a great idea to get together if we can pull enough guys together.

Mark

·
Registered
19,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hey gang:

I had a nice talk with Larry Hayes today! Larry is the NCM Special Events coordinator.
Larry was very receptive of having a weekend get together at the NCM and agreed it would be best to have it as an informal event for our first attempt. Larry also said the Beech Bend Dragway has an informal, open racing venue on Saturday nights.

It is unfortunate I will be unable to attend the cruise-in and meet so many of you. However, I feel good after talking to Larry and "breaking the ice" about a Z06Vette weekend at the museum. Stay tuned and we'll see if this comes about.
One more highlight from Larry is that he said "you'll be very surprised at how many will turn up," if you have a get together at the NCM.

·
Registered
629 Posts
"one of the problems is that our membership is distributed throughout the US, and it would be difficult for the majority of them to attend the Bowling Green location."

Does it have to be Bowling Green? How about a place located more to the center of everyone, like Oklahoma City?

Carl in Oklahoma City
2002 Electron Blue Z06 on order

Z

·
0 Posts
I am thinking we merge the Zr1 gathering with the Z06's - what do you think ? At the cruie-in, I counted a total of 14 Z06's ... at any given time throughout the day ... not big enough for a full weekend of things .. then again, I could be wrong ... but merging with the Zr1's - now that is an idea, no ?

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
Sounds like a good idea. Why not use the event at Carlisle in late August as an opportunity for a bunch of folks to gather and discuss the idea of a Z06 Registry and BG event? Like Zippy, I was a member of the ZR-1 Registry and I really liked the idea as well as the opportunity to get some ZR-1 related items such as shirts, jackets etc. The old ZR-1 newsletters (under Larry Merow) were great sources of information... Maybe I will have my '02 by the end of August.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts