Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
1,957 Posts
Build Number and A Question

Mine is # 1571

Now the question that only Z16 owners can answer,unrelated to the build number but will help me through a slight problem. Due to shipping damage I have had the Hood Stripe Decals replaced and they seem less than perfect as to spacing. Soooo If you would do a couple of measurements of your hood decals for me I would be greatful. I need the following :

#1. Distance between the decals (at centerline) at the beginning/front of the hood.
#2. Distance between the decals at the back edge/rear of hood nearest wipers

Tryimg to determine the proper distance and if there is a taper from the front to the back of the hood. Also Curious to know:
#3. Distance from the very front/leading edge of the hood to where the decal starts at centerline.

Thanks in advance...this will help me get the next set placed exactly right so that people won't point and stare or is that stare and point at the next Z06 Fest :lol:

Regards,

Terry

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
maineyak_2000 said:
Mine is # 1571

Now the question that only Z16 owners can answer,unrelated to the build number but will help me through a slight problem. Due to shipping damage I have had the Hood Stripe Decals replaced and they seem less than perfect as to spacing. Soooo If you would do a couple of measurements of your hood decals for me I would be greatful. I need the following :

#1. Distance between the decals (at centerline) at the beginning/front of the hood.
#2. Distance between the decals at the back edge/rear of hood nearest wipers

Tryimg to determine the proper distance and if there is a taper from the front to the back of the hood. Also Curious to know:
#3. Distance from the very front/leading edge of the hood to where the decal starts at centerline.

Thanks in advance...this will help me get the next set placed exactly right so that people won't point and stare or is that stare and point at the next Z06 Fest :lol:

Regards,

Terry
I'd love to help but my car is in storage, all bagged up. Sorry :eyes:

·
Registered
219 Posts

terry, i'll try and get you some measurements tonight

cheers

·
Registered
219 Posts
as far as i can tell, it looks like there is a taper to them. mine measured around 2" apart at the front of the hood and ~4" apart at the back of the hood. front alignment was the inner points (farthest forward point of sticker) began about 2 inches back from the edge of the hood.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
in my sig, 1003 I think

1 - 20 of 41 Posts