Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I know a number of people have Z16 stripes on other colours - but my feeble search did not show any silver attempts.

Does this look silver enough to be a fair representation?

Clickable Thumbnails

I kinda like it....

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
I like the idea of the stripe, but IMO a black stripe would look better or maybe blk/red combo. :cheers:

·
Registered
403 Posts
I like stipes, of course. How about blue ones. Kind of the reverse of the original, silver on blue.

·
Premium Member
5,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Z06_19ui said:
I like stipes, of course. How about blue ones. Kind of the reverse of the original, silver on blue.
Great idea... I like that variation.... added it to the lineup.

·
Registered
76 Posts
RC45 said:
I know a number of people have Z16 stripes on other colours - but my feeble search did not show any silver attempts.

Does this look silver enough to be a fair representation?

Clickable Thumbnails

I kinda like it....
there is a guy on the corvette forum that sells z16 type stripes in any color combo you can think of - i think his name is mike

·
Registered
403 Posts
Now that I've seen my suggestion, I'm not sure I like it. The original silver on the stipe is a bit closer to white than the silver you have on that car. I think you did a good job of matching the quick silver color though.

I had another thought. Dodge has put stipes on their trucks and the Viper. Just wondering if it wouldn't be easier to search for pictures of them to see which you like best. Maybe modify a picture or two of these that you have, to match something you liked from Dodge.

As far as all of these stripes being available, I think that sucks. My 01 coupe was Millennium Yellow when there were not that many around. Then the market got flooded with them. I like being unique, that is why I choose the cars that I do. Buying the z16 seemed safe since GM was ending that body style, but now these stickers are going to end up taking away the unique appeal of my car once again. I know everyone doesn't like them and outside of meetups, I haven't seen any driving down the road. Just expressing my disappointment that people can take that away from the Z16 at a very low cost. I'll get off my soap box now.

·
Premium Member
10,998 Posts
Color combo does not work for me. :eek:o:

·
Registered
1,957 Posts
The base color of the vette seems to look like GM's "Pewter" more than a real silver so it's hard to say...what you have displayed tho seems to looks "kinda off" or our of place when displayed next to the original...Just my .02 :ity:

·
Premium Member
5,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
maineyak_2000 said:
The base color of the vette seems to look like GM's "Pewter" more than a real silver so it's hard to say...what you have displayed tho seems to looks "kinda off" or our of place when displayed next to the original...Just my .02 :ity:
LOL - kinda funny to see the Z16 guys come out fighin to defend the honour of their Z16's... :p

I would too... ;)

The bottom line is that I would like some stripes on my car and figured the easiest to Photoshop are the Z16 based pictures - higher resolution and various views available.

Maybe I should have titled the thread Z16-style stripes on a QS Z... not actual Z16 stripes.. ;)

Although now I feel like putting em on just to pi$$ off the Z16 crowd... ;) hehe :lol:

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
I like the reverse with the blue,but I think black would look better on Silver.You would need a carbon fiber hood to be correct though.I would much rather come up with a more origonal paint sceme for my Z than copy some others.I'm with the Z16 guys.Get your own stripes.

·
Registered
112 Posts
At one point in time stripes were ugly on Z16's,that's what I was told before I purchased #1917! Only a matter of time, now we want stripes on Corvettes. "If you build it they will come"

·
Registered
3,166 Posts
I like the blue red combo. If you are going to stripe your car, why not?

·
Registered
403 Posts
I said earlier after seeing it, I didn't like it. I've looked at it a few times since and I'm changing my opinion. It would be nice to see a little better picture as yours is kind of rough. But I really think that reverse would look good.

Not sure how much those stickers cost or if you have a retailer near you. It would be nice to actually lay some different colors on your hood and get a better idea of how they would look. If all else fails, maybe even some construction paper in different colors.

·
Premium Member
5,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Here are a bunch of fake Z16's... ;)

·
Registered
403 Posts
There's nothing like an original. I do like that white on black though.

·
Registered
878 Posts
since i have the z16 wheels maybe i should go with the stripes ,then everyone would think i am a total wannabe..i like stripes have had them on other gm cars-but they are a hassel in my opinion,on my 2000 z28camaro- if finally had painted stripes done..the only way to go-except for the extra $ :z:

1 - 20 of 30 Posts