Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I applied 2 coats of Zaino this weekend and of course, it rained here in Chicago / Buffalo Grove. Great stuff! I have a few questions:

1. I have a car cover and I put it on before the rain. (it is made for vettes) I went outside a few minutes ago and it was wet under the cover! That sucks. They don't make them waterproof? It is better to just leave the cover off? or is it safe to leave on when it is wet and hot outside? At least it would be protected from all the dirt flying around outside. Any info about the use of covers would be helps....I live in apartment for now.

2. How do I clean the applicator pad when I am done with Zaino or do you guys just use a new one? I tried hot water but nothing really came off.

3. Is it safe to use the spary when the car is dirty? (Like after driving it a few times after washing and waxing with the other steps.

Thanks in advance for your help....I just broke the 500 mile mark on my car and have been having some serious fun with it! WOW....

Ira.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Ira,
Sorry to hear about the nasty weather! It hasn't rained here in a couple weeks and the forecast is dry and sunny! /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Most of the car covers are designed to let air in... so they don't mildew when put away for a long period of time. You can expect some dampness if it's rained on with some of the covers. I've been told there are covers that will keep them dry, but don't know which ones..... maybe someone else can tell you about them....

When you wash/Zaino the car, do you use cotton towels to dry and buff the car? I do and when I'm finished, I toss the applicator into the washing machine along with the towels. No fabric softener, just the towels and pad. I have an extra pad since they take a couple days to completely dry (even after a stint in the dryer).
As for spraying the car when it's dirty, I use a light spray to get it wet and take off as much as will come off. (Mostly getting the car wet at this point.) I use Mother's car wash (I think it's Gold?) in the water. It keeps the Zaino sparkling after a quick dry with the towels.
If you haven't heard about the Cannon towels sold as "seconds", here's the link. I use the white bath towels to buff the car and the white hand towels to dry it. (takes 3 hand towels to completely dry the car)

http://fieldcrestcannonoutlet.site.yahoo.net/royalvelvet.html

Best to ya!
/phpBB/images/smiles/icon_wink.gif

·
Registered
0 Posts
I can't add anything more than what Dale has added. But, one word of caution. Don't put a cover on a car unless your car 1s perfectly clean. Under windy conditions, the cover can severely scratch your paint.

·
Banned
7,033 Posts
I use a 2 cycle leaf blower to dry and a soft cotton towel to finish up. My Noah cover has only been used 5 or 6 times, I don't like it for that exact reason. I leave my Z in the garage when not driven. FUBU69/LES

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
As Frank said do not put a cover on a car that you have driven, it will scratch the finish. Many customers wash the applicator pads by hand as soon as they are done using them, they use a little liquid Tide and then air dry them.

·
Registered
680 Posts
BackPack Blowers RULE!! /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_cool.gif

They even work on leafs!! /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

1 - 6 of 6 Posts