Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So yesterday I decided I will wash the vette. Strip down any wax... Here are the steps on what I did.

1) I used dawn to wash the car down. Wipe it down and put it back in garage to dry some more while I cut the grass.
2) Applied Menzerna Intensive Polish (IP) with PC using 4" pad, speed set to 5 and then followed it with Menzerna Final Polish (FP). And of course I used MF to wipe it off.
3) Used PC with 4” and speed set to 2-3 and applied Klasse All-In-One (AIO). Used MF to wipe it off
4) Mixed up my Zaino Z2 about 1/4 ounce and added 4 drops of ZFX. Applied it by hand and left it over night to cure. BTW, it is still curing. By 5pm (6/15/05) I will take it off and may be add another z2 or should I add z5? Keep in mind I won’t drive the car until Saturday so I have few days to keep adding what ever layer I need.

My questions are as follows:

1) When can I use the Z5 and do I add 4 drops like I did with the z2.
2) Can I add z2 + z5 in the same bottle and add 4 drops...?
3) When do I get to use the Klasse High Gloss Sealant Glaze?
(KLA-GLA) Can I apply it after I am done with the z2/z5 combination????

Any other suggestions are welcome….

·
Premium Member
495 Posts
A few comments...
1) Clean after menzerna w/ isopropal/water 50/50
2) I always do AIO by hand
3) Unless it's REALLY cold (below maybe 45 deg.) Z2/ZFX should have cured long ago. Methinks ya put it on way too thick. Less is lots better.
4) with the kind of prep you did, no Z5 is needed.
5) Why top it with anything? Counterproductive, IMHO
6) Z6 or Z8 QD between coats helps a LOT

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
ok, but i thought you are suppose to apply z5 if you have any scratches or mild swirls? Kool, i do have the z8 but can i use any QD or dilute it with water in place of z6?

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
1. Yes
2. Yes
3. No need for Klasse High Gloss Sealant Glaze.

Also you can remove Z2, Z5 immediately if you are using ZFX. :cheers:

·
Registered
736 Posts
cenwesi said:
So yesterday I decided I will wash the vette. Strip down any wax... Here are the steps on what I did.

1) I used dawn to wash the car down. Wipe it down and put it back in garage to dry some more while I cut the grass.
When using ZFX Zaino cure right away. You can also apply up to 3 coats immediately
cenwesi said:
2) Applied Menzerna Intensive Polish (IP) with PC using 4" pad, speed set to 5 and then followed it with Menzerna Final Polish (FP). And of course I used MF to wipe it off.
I have gotten away with putting Zaino right on top of FPII but it is safer/better to do the 50/50 or prepsol wipe. Now with the release of Zaino swirl remover this is no longer a problem. I have also found that Zaino Fusion (SSR) http://www.zainostore.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=Z-PC&Category_Code=Zaino is just as good if not better than Menzerna FPII or any of the other popular swirl removers.
cenwesi said:
3) Used PC with 4” and speed set to 2-3 and applied Klasse
See #2, no need for AIO now with the release of Zaino's own paint cleanser. :cheers:

cenwesi said:
4) Mixed up my Zaino Z2 about 1/4 ounce and added 4 drops of ZFX. Applied it by hand and left it over night to cure. BTW, it is still curing. By 5pm (6/15/05) I will take it off and may be add another z2 or should I add z5? Keep in mind I won’t drive the car until Saturday so I have few days to keep adding what ever layer I need.

My questions are as follows:

1) When can I use the Z5 and do I add 4 drops like I did with the z2.
You can do it immediately. You do not need to use ZFX the second time but I usually do as I think it help improve the shine, durability, and aids in drying time if it is a cold humid day.
cenwesi said:
2) Can I add z2 + z5 in the same bottle and add 4 drops...?
I would clean your bottle with alchohol and start fresh.
cenwesi said:
3) When do I get to use the Klasse High Gloss Sealant Glaze?
(KLA-GLA) Can I apply it after I am done with the z2/z5 combination????

Any other suggestions are welcome….
No need for Klasse SG. I have also found SG to be very finicky, a pain in the butt to remove and streaks alot. Give it to the neighbor. :)

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
lol, looks like i will be doing garage sale soon. the Klasse SG is brand NEW and the AIO is still full. So who in here wants to buy them from me dirt cheap.

·
Premium Member
495 Posts
Oh no! The AIO makes a WONDERFUL base for Zaino! It also make a great, maybe best, chrome polish

·
Registered
736 Posts
cenwesi said:
lol, looks like i will be doing garage sale soon. the Klasse SG is brand NEW and the AIO is still full. So who in here wants to buy them from me dirt cheap.
I also use it on my DD wheels when they are dirty since I can follow it up with Zaino. I probably won't be buying another bottle though since I will be able to use the Zaino Fusion (SSR) now.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Exactly my point. I might keep the AIO but the SG will go or just collect dust along with my Adams polish kits.... Man i got so much detailing stuff it is no joke. Ohh i also ordered the Z-PC that just came out so i will see how that works on the wheels.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
nop, already did that months ago and i did do the test before the aio

1 - 12 of 12 Posts