Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so this Saturday, I decided to do the "ziptie mod"... It was pretty darn easy, but am not too sure of how much gain there was. I can say that throttle response is better, and she seems to accelerate with a bit more ease. The 01 intake cover is really restrictive, and only has a small central nostril to pull air from.

Anyways, after doing that, I took a look under the nose just to have a peek at the ratiator, and was SHOCKED at all the crap wedged up in the upper corners of the ratiator!
I removed the equivalent of 3 birds nests out of there, including 3 cigarette butts!!! :screwy:
It must have had an impact on cooling the car...
Not sure if I am the only fool that had let this happen, but it's worth having a look...

·
Registered
6,083 Posts
VETTEST said:
Ok so this Saturday, I decided to do the "ziptie mod"... It was pretty darn easy, but am not too sure of how much gain there was. I can say that throttle response is better, and she seems to accelerate with a bit more ease. The 01 intake cover is really restrictive, and only has a small central nostril to pull air from.

Anyways, after doing that, I took a look under the nose just to have a peek at the ratiator, and was SHOCKED at all the crap wedged up in the upper corners of the ratiator!
I removed the equivalent of 3 birds nests out of there, including 3 cigarette butts!!! :screwy:
Not sure if I am the only fool that had let this happen, but it's worth having a look...
I'll be checking mine soon. :thumb:

·
Registered
267 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
I check mine weekly.

Alex

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
VETTEST said:

what did you do, buy the lawn mower attachment for your Z? :)

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You'd think I was doing some type of agricultural work with the car... I was pulling out handfulls of straw and leaves!! I was laughing my arse off...

·
Registered
3,817 Posts
The debris screen to protect the radiator is a must! The car should come this way from the factory. It doesn't impair the flow of air to the radiator and helps the car run cooler. FYI. :thumb:

Bob

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
rpallas said:
The debris screen to protect the radiator is a must! The car should come this way from the factory. It doesn't impair the flow of air to the radiator and helps the car run cooler. FYI. :thumb:

Bob
Not to dis-credit their advertising, but if you were to calculate the net free area of that material I would not be suprised if you would not find close to a 50% reduction in air flow even if the air were flowing straight into the opening. With the air coming at an angle my guess is the reduction will be even more. :cry:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts