Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok guys dont bash me. I own a 01 Mustnag GT with a vortech sc and a heck of alot of other mods. You can see my times in the sig below. I have a few questions about the zo6 vette. I have long been into mustangs, I have had 3 and all were very quick. I have always loved the styling of the vettes, and always wanted one as a teenager. I could never aford one until now though. I have all together about 30k in my GT and it runs low 12 qtr mile times. I am not at all familar with vette and chevy aftermarket products. I wnat to know can you change things like exhaust, chips, cams, shifters, etcc on these things to get them faster. I know these vettes are not just all about how quick they are but I have to tell you the truth I dont want to spend 50k on a vette and the kid down the street with a 20k stang beat the pants off me. I dont race that much, but I would like to see myself, if spending 50k on a vette to atleast run in the high 11's. What would I have to do to get there? How much $ would it cost? I hate all the problems with chips and superchargers so I am wanting to get away from that. Thanks for all the info!!

R

·
Registered
9,411 Posts
49 for the car, 3k in mods will put you in the high 11's........
And you get free world-class handling and braking thrown in for no charge :)

JC

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
N4C5S said:
49 for the car, 3k in mods will put you in the high 11's........
And you get free world-class handling and braking thrown in for no charge :)

JC
What kind of mods are we talking about? List some for me please. Exactly what brand names of exhaust and stuff? Whats your stoping distance 60-0. I have the 13" Brembos plus about 3k in suspension mods alone. I just wnat some comparisons.
Thanks
R

·
Premium Member
652 Posts
vortech01gt said:

What kind of mods are we talking about? List some for me please. Exactly what brand names of exhaust and stuff? Whats your stoping distance 60-0. I have the 13" Brembos plus about 3k in suspension mods alone. I just wnat some comparisons.
Thanks
R
Here is a list of my mods in my sig.

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
vortech01gt said:

Whats your stoping distance 60-0. I have the 13" Brembos plus about 3k in suspension mods alone. I just wnat some comparisons.
Thanks
R
All the magizine tests I've seen consistantly get 109~110 feet for 60 to 0 stopping. This was with a 2001 Z06, and the 2002 model has revised front brake pads, so it might even do alittle better. All the mags say the brakes on the Z are excellant!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts