Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I live in Raleigh/Cary North Carolina and my local dealer is Hendrick Chevrolet. I was just given a deal on a package of oil changes for my ZO6. I get six oil changes with filter for $299.95. Sounds like a deal to me as the ZO6 takes 10 quarts of Mobil 1. Service department seems great.
Ken Blitchington

·
21,348 Posts
Sounds great, until they drop your car off the lift or scratch your fuse box cover or over fill your reservoir. :mah:

·
Registered
14 Posts
Yeah, look over your car with them before and after you drop it off. Make note of the rocker panels' condition along with noticeable scratches, cuz stealerships tend to break stuff and are very quick to deny it. And that IS a great deal if it includes 10 quarts of Mobil 1.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Is changing the oil in the C6 Z much harder than any other car? I can see that it is going to cost more. I went to a large parts store's web site to look up the cost and was set aback. It will cost @$100 just for the oil and filter alone.

·
21,348 Posts
Is changing the oil in the C6 Z much harder than any other car? I can see that it is going to cost more. I went to a large parts store's web site to look up the cost and was set aback. It will cost @$100 just for the oil and filter alone.
It isn't that it's harder, it's just most dealers can't hire competent mechanics. The ones that are competent and experienced usually go to work for themselves. Compound that with the fact that it's usually the trainee's that get to change oil.

·
Registered
377 Posts
To one said $100.00?? You can buy filter and Mobil 1 for under $50.00....not sure where they told you $100.00...but anyway, IF you can still back out on the "deal" the deale is trying to give you...back out!!...do it your self it is not hard AND you will find out that when you do the job...it will be done right...you will know WHAT went into your engine..you will also know that pan bolts are tight to where they should be, and IF you ZO6 gets a scratch it was you..BUT I bet it will not get scratched. Also you will know the correct amount of oil was put in...DO it YOURSELF!!!
"Never too much horsepower"
Jim

·
Premium Member
1,961 Posts
My car would have to be flinging parts all over the interstate in another state before I would consider letting a dealer work on it.

No one cares about your car more than you.

·
Registered
283 Posts
To one said $100.00?? You can buy filter and Mobil 1 for under $50.00....not sure where they told you $100.00...but anyway, IF you can still back out on the "deal" the deale is trying to give you...back out!!...do it your self it is not hard AND you will find out that when you do the job...it will be done right...you will know WHAT went into your engine..you will also know that pan bolts are tight to where they should be, and IF you ZO6 gets a scratch it was you..BUT I bet it will not get scratched. Also you will know the correct amount of oil was put in...DO it YOURSELF!!!
"Never too much horsepower"
Jim
I did the calculations based on the fact that the oil costs $7.95 per qt and it takes 10 qts and the filter was $13. $7.99x10+$13=$92.90. Add the 8.25% tax in TX and it comes out to $100.56. Where can one buy 10 qts of Mobil1 and a filter for $50?

·
20,625 Posts
Buy your Mobil 1 at Costco. Or Sam's Club. Or Walmart. Usually a LOT cheaper than paying the dealer. :yeadog:

·
Registered
43 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
OK I found the filter for $4.19 and the gallon (4 qts) for $27.99. That is around $60 but only 8 qts of oil which I found was correct amount. I don't own a Z yet but I want to know as much as possible so I can maintain it as best as possible when I do. So I think 6 oil changes for $300 ain't all that. That is a little over $10 more than you can do it yourself. The piece of mind is worth that.

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Be careful which Mobil 1 you get. Not all Mobil 1 meets GM spec 4718M. Look for the spec on the bottle of any oil you use.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts