Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How good is our LSD from the factory. I am assuming that we never really get to experience it because the traction control or active handling kicks in before the LSD can engage. If we turn off A/H then we may be able to experience the LSD pulling us around a tight turn for example but with the A/H off, this may be dangerous.

How do you guys feel about the stock LSD, give me some thoughts, can an aftermarket LSD be purchased to make the Z more confident and stable at high speeds.

A friend of mine just put an LSD on his 240 and it handles amazing, you can actually feel it pull you around when he made a U-turn and got side ways. He said it never used to do that before.

·
Premium Member
652 Posts
It's been a long time but I always found that the LSD out of Mill Valley in the early 70s was the best. :crazy:

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
The limited slip differential portion of are differentials seem to hold up well. No one I know of makes an complete aftermarket replacement. DTE has done some serious Mods to make our differentials stronger. I'd check with them for more info.
http://www.dynotech-eng.com/ :z:

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
It's been a long time but I always found that the LSD out of Mill Valley in the early 70s was the best.
I thought this was a technical forum. :roll:
:lol:

i think "lsd" is import jargon for a posi
Thats funny cause on the original window sticker it reads "Limited Slip Differential". I dont think Posi-trac and LSD are the same.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts