Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's this I read in Automobile magazine (Feb. '02) about their six month ZO6 needing a new set of piston rings at less than 15,000 miles? "The redesigned rings are a running change for both the LS6 engine and the regular Vette's LS1 V8."
Is this a common problem and has it been corrected in ZO6's currently coming off line? Have any of you had this problem?

·
Premium Member
12,352 Posts
The 01's were known to "use oil". Mine was using a quart of oil every 800-1000 miles. Had the ring replacement done in November. Only had 11K miles on the car when the replacement was done.

Have only put 700 miles on the car since, so not sure if it fixed the problem or not, and I will be putting the car away for hibernation this weekend, so I will not know if it worked until sometime in April...

Mark

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Mostly an 01 thing
1.2k of balls to the wall driving after .5k and still at the full mark:D

·
Registered
3,646 Posts
Most 01' use alittle oil. Depending on how hard they are driven'. Mine in the other hand has 3500 miles with no consumption at all..:cheers: (Knock on wood)!!

·
Registered
2,486 Posts
I bought an 01 used with 6k on the clock, have put 4k on it since, and don't have any problems even with aggressive driving.

·
Registered
4,392 Posts
6400 on mine now, and the oil is staying "right on full". :) And I was using a quart about 1000/1200 miles. I change mine every 2000,so a quart between changes didn't bother me at all. ;)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts