Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The rumor is out that the new 50th anniversary Corvette will get a new front facia...

Do you think the zo6 will as well?

·
Registered
291 Posts
new front clip

WE HAVE A WINNER!!!!:cheers: :cheers:

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Should be worth a few laughs...LMAO..

Wonder if its closer to the tiger shark?

Didn't mean to imply your cars would be outdated guys..

Just shooting the breeze.

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Rumors are what make this fun...

I guess you guys prefer this not be posted here..

Let me know..its no problem to delete.

I would say though that....

Change is inevitable..even on the very best cars..

Its certainly not a big deal..

hell it might become one of your next mods..

I hear gm may make parts like this available right from your dealer..

I wouldn't recommend defacing the already beautiful ZO6 to update to the newest look that might be hot..

Just shooting the breeze..

but you never know..

You may crave it..lmao

·
Registered
2,616 Posts
From what I've read, about the only thing being done on the 50th Anniversary will be special Badging on all models, and some cosmetic stuff on the Vert and Coupe.

I would'nt think there would be any major body changes. But, Chevy ain't saying much so we'll just have to wait till June to find out more :)

I think they are putting their energy into something else.....The BIG change will be the C6.....IMHO

:cheers:
Barrie

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Maybe the functional front end of the zo6 will stay as it is for the 2003 model year and gm will just change the standard coupe and convertible facia's..

I would think the front plastic could be changed relatively inexpensively for a 50th anniversary bang..

Maybe it will be similiar to the Shark front they just plastered all over the show circuit..

I truly believe the Corvette as it stands today is a beautiful design..

I would find it hard to believe they could make it more attractive..but sometimes..even the impossible is possible..

I really hope the 50th anniversary edition is more than a few labels on the seats...and a special paint job..

The corvette sport in general deserves more excitment than that...

I think a new front facia might lead the way if done correctly...

I sometimes miss the old ways when the cars were body on frame type and every year was a new style..

Maybe I'm dating myself with this but it was fun to see the new models roll out..

This year has been somewhat drab in comparision..(not including the 405 hp zo6 of course! )

Would the corvette faithfuls be upset with an even more shark like front facia change or would they embrace it? .........

Like I said..I'm just shooting the breeze but I would imagine ..change would be frowned upon by many..

Hard to imagine they could do it any nicer.. right?

·
Registered
2,667 Posts
I think this rumor may be true. Think about it, the C5 has not changed at all, since its introduction in '97. If you look at all the previous generations, each one had some minor body change, and in less time. For the 50TH annv. model I think they are going to need more than badging and color schemes to make the car special. I also think, if such a change was made for '03, it would include the Z06. I believe this rumor more than the one on the 425 HP '03 Z06.
I think that will come in '04.
carzzy:)

·
Registered
778 Posts
Has anyone taped the new GM ($2002 rebate) commercial and slomo'ed the Corvette clip. I have heard the rumor that it is a 2003. I'm not fast enough to have caught it, but the glimpses I saw were a "different" red, BSM's and flashy wheels!

Joe Syslo :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

·
Premium Member
652 Posts
JBsC5 said:
The rumor is out that the new 50th anniversary Corvette will get a new front facia...

Do you think the zo6 will as well?
Anniversary car only. ;)

·
Registered
8 Posts
"I sometimes miss the old ways when the cars were body on frame type and every year was a new style.. "

Isn't the current Corvette essentially a "body on frame" now?

I realize it is different than the cars of the fifties with a ladder frame with a body that provided it's own structure. The currentmodel is closer to a rolling chassis from a race car with body panels that bolt on..... isn't it?

Changing body panels each year is expensive..... New tooling.... more inventory..... maybe new installation training... etc.

Yeah, it was nice to be able at tell the year of a car at a glance.

Greg

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Its funny but with the advent of the unibody structure used my most manufacturers today...the yearly body changes became a thing of the past..Your right..its way to expensive to change the style every year...

Whats a shame is that GM has made quite a few cars over the past few decades...like the fiero..the F body..thier first generation minivans and corvettes where they have the basic design capability to alter the body panels without affecting the structural platform..

Yet they don't..

Thats all I was suggesting..

GM builds these cars and trucks, that I mentioned above..that easily lend themselves to relatively inexpensive revamps..and then doesn't use that capability..for increased sales..

Why is market share off? Excitment is what builds sales. Either with mechanical superiority (ZO6) and/or the beauty of a fresh new design...or even just a new facia!

The others mentioned above really could have benefited by utilizing the specific production meathods to create a new and exciting look..as sales began to falter.. but GM really didn't do it..

Luckily the corvette doesn't really need a shot in the arm..but it would be nice for the 50th anniversary..something that screams Corvette!

I don't know if GM would realize how easily it could be done..(based on what they didn't do with the fiero/f body/ minivans)

They rarely use the full potiential of design structure they implement..They usually trash it and start over..

I just remember the excitment of versatility that these new construction meathods afford..hell it was part of the original press kits!

Only problem GM management gets so caught up in in containing (all)costs...they sometimes lose some relatively inexpensive meathods of creating excitment..

Well I guess come June or July... guess we shall see..what we shall see! LMAO

1 - 20 of 20 Posts