Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I was wondering,I seemto have difficulty shifting 2-3,when racing. I want to replace the shifter with after market. Which one? Hurst, Kirban, or BM

·
Registered
93 Posts
ripper

i just got done with my friends b&m ripper on a 02 . wow what a difference.. mine is next .. go with the ripper

·
Registered
3,646 Posts
They are all pretty good...It depends on if you have brand loyality and how much you want to spend:cheers: :cheers:

·
Registered
6,273 Posts
I have the B&M Ripper. It's like working the bolt action of a high power rifle. You know where the gates are. The spring is very tight, it springs to the middle, to shift from 2nd to 3rd, you just jam it as hard as you can, it will go into 3rd every time. I really mean jam it, okay I am a lightweight guy, but still ... It is very different that the stock shifter, POS, IMHO.

pro

·
Registered
5,442 Posts
What percentage

of additional effort does it take to shift these after market shifters?:-? :-? :-?

·
Registered
4,392 Posts
Hello Sloth. Click on advanced search on the top of the page. Atleast 1/2 dozen threads on shifters. Lots of opinions. I love my Ripper.Awful withthe stock shift knob though. Find a shift knob you find comfortable.

Attachments

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Baron said:
Hello Sloth. Click on advanced search on the top of the page. Atleast 1/2 dozen threads on shifters. Lots of opinions. I love my Ripper.Awful withthe stock shift knob though. Find a shift knob you find comfortable.
thanks for the info, I am leaning towards the Hurst,if it ever comes out. I replaced my shifter knob with the hardbar- its excellent.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts