Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Corvette Chief Engineer from 1955? until 1975(maybe later than this)...Sometimes titled,"Father of the Corvette".He passed away in 1996,his wife Elfie still attends most of the major Corvette events,representing Zora,very well!! And gracefully!!
zman

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Arguably the singlemost champion of General Motors entry and support of high-performance factory parts.

He wisely noted the direction of the aftermarket and convinced Ed Cole, then president of GM, of the need for GM to develop hi-perf parts and design to give GM a presence where it had little at that time.

He was the father of the 'vette as a high performance sports car. Without him I doubt the car would have survived and become the American Icon it is today.

1fastdog

·
Registered
19,096 Posts
1fastdog:

Well said!

I believe Jerry Burton, Editorial Director of Corvette Quarterly Magazine, has been authorized to write a biography of Zora.
That will definitely be a must read for any sports car enthusiast!

Zippy /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

·
Registered
65 Posts
I can't believe that I am getting to post this first. He is the man responsible for the the "Big Tank" cars and the original Z06. This was , I feel the thing that made the world look @ Corvette in a different light and brought many sports car enthusiasts from all racing venues to the Corvette. I have a model of a "57 Fuelie" engine with the inscription "Built in Honor of Zora Arkus-Duntov. He had the dream that allowed mine to also come true". I hope to get his wife to sign it this year @ Carlisle!! /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

·
Registered
6 Posts

On 2001-05-13 23:53, robnynj spewed forth this drivel:
What is Zora Arkus-Duntov , or who is ?

If not for Zora we would not be driving corvettes today /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

1 - 7 of 7 Posts