Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys

I'm still kickin around the idea of trading my WS6 for a Z06, but i've never been in one. I'm near the Sandusky area. Anybody here live in the area and would be willing to give me a ride? I want to see how different these 2 cars really are.

The temptation of not getting a Z is that i see more vettes than WS6's in my area. And I would throw a Head/cam package ( 113 LSA ) I have picked out on my bird...that would pretty much leave a Z behind. But the handling is a different story.

·
Registered
11,339 Posts
If you are ever down in Southern OH, let me know and I will take you out-ditto what blaklightning said hehe

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
cool thanks guys

i'll write down your s/n's and then PM you if i'm going to be in the area

·
Premium Member
495 Posts
Yep, Columbus here, same offer..... but don't ride if you aren't ready to buy, you will never want anything less

·
Premium Member
4,362 Posts
After you ride in one you'll be hooked. :yeadog:

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
yeah thats what i'm afraid of! I love my bird, but i dunno what i'll do

btw, I go to school here in Toledo, so all you toledo guys, feel free to send me a PM ;)

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
so what would you guys choose? a fast car (my ws6 if i throw on a set of heads and an aggressive cam)

or a stock Z? I say stock, b/c i wont really have any extra money for mods, other than to throw my nitrous on it

my ws6 would be faster than the Z after the mods, and I can improve the handling as well...for cheaper than the extra $10-15k i'm goina have to shell out for a Z

It just seems to make more sense ($ wise) to go with the WS6...though a vette would be a lot of fun!!

opinions? try not to be TOO biased ;)

·
Registered
292 Posts
Go for a ride, then decide.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
cool

anybody else?

·
Registered
91 Posts
Speed isn't everything, trust me. I recently sold my modded '03 Cobra for a Z. While the Cobra felt stronger, the Z is much more enjoyable to drive as well as to own. It doesn't mean that you are not going to be able to mod it down the road.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I agree, i mean how fast does the car really need to be on the street? I just want to beable to pull up to a modd'ed Cobra or F-body and have them know they are goina get spanked if they try anything

Well I'm in college right now, and I wont graduate for a little over a year, so Mod's would be out of the question, except for the nitrous.

so we'll see

i just LOVE the look of my WS6 i really really really don't want to sell it! she looks so mean!!

·
Registered
91 Posts
Honestly, you should probably keep your WS6. Reading into several of your posts, you are looking for a reason not to sell it. If I was in your position, I would keep it and enjoy it for a few years. Then get a used 06' Z06 when you get out of school. :idea:

·
Registered
138 Posts
Matt,

I went to U of Toledo about 13 years ago, fun school. I live in Brunswick OH right off of exit 10 in the Turnpike. I used to have a WS6 putting out around 360 RWHP and dumped in a heartbeat when I drove a Z06. After driving the Z the WS6 felt heavy. I loved my WS6 it was a mean looking car. Good luck on your decision.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts