Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A friend of mine gave me Zymol polish/wax and said it was pretty good stuff. Anyone know anything about it? Is it better than Meguiars Gold Glass wax??

·
Registered
6,083 Posts
According to Consumer Reports...it's rated #1 and quite a bit better than the Gold Class. I guess this is for store bought waxes/polishes only.

·
Registered
5,190 Posts
As far as store bought wax goes I still use Mothers California Gold. I use it on my Ford. I like the paste cleaner/wax over the liquid.
The Z06 gets Zaino.
And yes you will get a different answer from each forum member.

·
Registered
826 Posts
Jim said:
I've used this lots on my other cars. Easy on and off with a great shine, but doesn't seem to last very long. :cool:
Yeah, it's really nice but doesn't last that long. It's nice having a car that smells like a pina colada for a little while after you wax it. But I think I like the Meguiar's High Tech Yellow Wax more. It lasts longer on the car and doesn't take quite as much work to get the fine polish. I mean if you've used a solid wax before you may have noticed that even after you polish it you still have some little white specs that still need to be polished. I remember having more trouble trying to polish out those little wax specs with the zymol than with the meguiars.

Rich air and clear skies,
Austin

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
I like Zymol, but I've found that it needs to be buffed out again after it thoroughly dries, else you'll get a hazy finish. Like the others mentioned, it doen't last very long.

If you're like me (and probably most others on this forum), you've probably had, or tried, enough waxes to wax all the cars in CA... ...three times over! That being said, I have to admit that I'm another Zaino lover, but on occasion I've been known to use One Grand Blitz Wax...

·
Registered
451 Posts
I'm with Cave Man on this one.....

I've used the Mother's California Gold System on everything I've had for the past couple of years. I love the Mother's line because it is so complete. In all, they must have 40-50 different products. Their Trigger Wash may be one of the best automotive products ever invented, regardless of what wax/polish you use. And as with some of the other systems like Meguiars, it has 3 different steps. 1. Cleaner
2. Polish
3. Wax

Using all three steps is the only way that I can feel really good after waxing the car. If I miss one step, I don't feel like I've done a real 100% job.

I know everyone has different opinions on this one but I say, if cost is no object:
www.zainobros.com OR www.griots.com

But if you want somthing you can pick up at your local Autozone or Checker that gives great results and leaves a little extra $$ for gas, Mother's is a great American company that sure loves it's customers.

O.K. I'm done!!!!!!!!!!!!!
CHRIS

·
Registered
3,817 Posts
Is it that blue crap that comes in a bottle that they sell at Pep Boys? That's not real Zymol btw.. Turtle Wax bought the company a few years back and I betcha that the stuff that you can get at your local auto store is a Turtle Wax product. I tried a little of it one time and it's junk. A neighbor had a bottle.

If you want a quality product, try Pinnacle. Their cleaner (paintwork cleansing lotion) is just awesome! Very easy to use and it gets your paint squeaky clean and clear. I love Pinnacle's Souveran wax. It just looks awesome, especially on black, red or yellow cars. Pinnacle's wax is similar to Zymol, but they put more of their money into the product than the packaging. You also get a lot more for your money IMO.

http://www.properautocare.com/pinnacle.html

Bob

·
Premium Member
7,247 Posts
Zymol works pretty good for taking out minor clearcoat scratching too, especially with a polisher. Like others said though it needs backup, no lasting power.

Joe:)

·
Registered
826 Posts
rpallas said:
Is it that blue crap that comes in a bottle that they sell at Pep Boys? That's not real Zymol btw.. Turtle Wax bought the company a few years back and I betcha that the stuff that you can get at your local auto store is a Turtle Wax product. I tried a little of it one time and it's junk. A neighbor had a bottle.

If you want a quality product, try Pinnacle. Their cleaner (paintwork cleansing lotion) is just awesome! Very easy to use and it gets your paint squeaky clean and clear. I love Pinnacle's Souveran wax. It just looks awesome, especially on black, red or yellow cars. Pinnacle's wax is similar to Zymol, but they put more of their money into the product than the packaging. You also get a lot more for your money IMO.

http://www.properautocare.com/pinnacle.html

Bob

The stuff in the bottle at Pep Boys is probably the Zymol cleaner wax. I've seen the bottle of Zymol cleaner wax at Pep Boys, but never the real wax. The real wax is a solid, comes in a clear jar, and costs at least $30.

Austin

·
Registered
210 Posts
I can shed some light on this as I am very familiar with the Zymol product line...

The product you saw in the store is called the Zymol Cleaner Wax. Decent product that helps hide minor swirls, etc. This is a Zymol product/formula but is packaged by Turtle Wax.

The real Zymol line is not carried in your average parts store but rather speciality stores, etc. The design specific wax formulas for different cars, etc. In fact, they designed a C5 wax with RM Racing specifically for the C5 paint. Check out www.zymol.com for more info on their waxes.

As far as durability goes, all carnauba based waxes are not going to last as long as a sealant. However, they do provide a deeper gloss and reflection then a sealant. Mixing the two can provide very good results (sealant topped with white carnauba). Hope this helps.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I've sold and used Zymol (the real products, not the blue bottle at Pep Boys), and agree with Jim. Wonderful shine, but lasts less than more common products. I have my girlfriend detail the Z06, so it get's Zymol. ;)
BTW, HD Cleanse is a wonderous and easy to use paint cleaner. Very easy to use, and comparatively gentle on the clear coat... despite it working very well.

If I didn't have someone else do my car, and I'm lazy, and I own 5 vehicles, I'd probably use:
P21S car wash.
P21S wheel cleaner
Zymol HD cleanse (paint cleaner)
A harder wax, like Mother's Gold, Blitz, etc.

Mark

·
Registered
186 Posts
I use Zaino and recently bought some of the Pinnacle Sovereign wax and I really like it. Goes on real easy and the best part is you wipe it off immediately! No waiting...awesome shine. I am impressed.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts